Join the BIGGEST Foster Care Month Celebration & Support Local Foster Youth!
On May 21st join Starbucks Coffee Company and iFoster for the BIGGEST event celebrating Foster Care Month nationwide, and help Foster Youth in the greater Sacramento area.
The Step Up 4 Kids event raises funds and awareness for youth aging out of foster care, and invests in their future by funding the iFoster Jobs Program, the largest employment program for foster youth. The iFoster Jobs Program trains and provides the concrete resources and support foster youth need to get a job, start their careers and fund college.
We Support Foster Youth because:
- 1 in 11 children in our community will spend time in foster or kinship care
- 30,000 youth age out of foster care every year at the age of 18 to 21
- Less than 20% feel ready to be independent, let alone succeed
- 48% of foster youth will be unemployed at age 21, and those employed only earn $7,100/yr
- 50% will experience homelessness
- Less than 12% will ever get a college degree
- For every youth we fail, it costs our community over $1 Million in lifetime economic burden.